Do You Have an Abundance or Scarcity Mindset?
How you view the world can affect the opportunities you see, your expectations, and ultimately your results. You can choose to see the world as a place of abundance or a place of scarcity. One is certainly more optimistic than the other! Your view of the world is very different if you choose one over the other.
An abundance mindset is hopeful, positive, and expects the best. It is also more altruistic, since you believe that you’ll receive what you need. It frees you up to do more for others.
A scarcity mindset, on the other hand, leads to negativity and selfishness. You feel the need to look out for yourself, even at the expense of others.
Viewing the world from a position of abundance has several positive effects on your life:
- An abundance mindset believes that there is plenty to go around. You believe there is plenty of money in the world, plenty of potential partners, and plenty of opportunities in general.
- A scarcity mindset believes there is a limited supply of everything, and that someone else must lose in order for you to win.
- If you have a scarcity mindset, you believe that life is difficult. You see success as being harder than it really is. You expect the worst and might convince yourself that it’s pointless to even try. It’s much more challenging to be successful with a scarcity mindset.
- If you believe opportunities are scarce, you’ll struggle to find them. This is true even if they’re right in front of your face.
- You’re more likely to play it safe if you view the world from a position of scarcity. You’re more afraid of losing what you have since you believe it will be difficult to get it back.
- A scarcity mindset results in fear and pessimism. You believe you have to fight the world to get what you want and need. You have to protect what you have from loss. Your life is viewed negatively.
Do you think your view of the world is one of abundance or scarcity? If you hold a scarcity mindset, it’s worth trying another viewpoint on for size.
One of the best ways to start viewing the world with abundance is to give more. You can give money, your time, or give away a few of your possessions. Giving will enforce the idea that there is always enough to go around.
Abundance will flow into your life if you allow it. After holding an abundance mindset for a few months, contrast that with your previous experience with scarcity. Choose the one that works for you.
Is scarcity and fear holding you back?
I’m here to help,
Annie M Henderson
Feeling stuck and need some guidance and accountability?
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.